For Additional Questions Call The Pros
- What are the Signs That My Garage Door Needs Replacement?
Your garage door may get dents or scratches over time or make squeaky noises while operating. These are common issues that minor fixes or regular maintenance can easily take care of. But there are a number of problems that indicate you need a new garage door. If your garage door shows any of these signs, it means that a replacement is what you need:
- The door fails to open or close fully or partially
- The door material is completely worn out
- There’s a loud grinding noise every time you operate it
- It needs frequent or expensive repairs
- I’m Getting a New Door For My Garage in San Antonio. What Are the Measurements I Should Be Aware Of?
For new door installations, it’s important to know about the following three measurements:
- How high is the opening from the floor to the bottom of the header?
- What is the width of the opening from jamb to jamb?
- What is the headroom available? Headroom refers to the distance between the top of the door opening and lowest point of the ceiling or any obstruction — such as a garage door opener rail, pipes, or ductwork — that comes first.
- 3. My Door Makes a Lot of Noise. Besides the Squeaking That Happens Every time I Handle the Door, Do I Have Other Reasons to Be Worried?
Not necessarily. Noisy doors are often a result of regular wear and tear. Usually the noise is created when older spring coils rub against one another. While this may not be a safety concern, it can be irritating for users to handle such doors. You can use a lubricant or try putting a few drops of motor oil on the top of the springs. If this doesn’t get rid of the noise, contact our garage door technicians at Houston TX. Our garage door servicing will stop the noise.
- 4. Why Should I Hire a Professional Installer?
Besides being the largest moving part of your home, garage doors — constituting a large part of your home exterior — cast significant impact on your curb appeal. Obviously, a poorly done installation will not only hurt your home’s look but also bring down its value. Professional installers are trained and qualified to get perfect installations done at the fastest possible turnaround time. Not just aesthetics, proper installation is also vital to ensure smooth operation and the safety of the users.
Garage door installation is a job that’s highly technical in nature. It often involves handling parts like torsion spring, which can release enough tension to kill a human being. Professional installers have the required tools and training to get the job done in the safest way possible.
- What Type of Garage Door Opener Should I Pick For My Garage Door?
In order to select the right garage door opener for your home, you most important consideration is the type of drive the garage door opener will be working on. There are mainly three types of drives — chain, screw, and belt. Your choice of garage door opener should depend on your budget and specific requirements.
- Should I Get an Automated Gate?
We totally recommend an automated gate opener system if you have the budget for it. Getting it installed makes vehicle entry and exit more convenient and — in some cases — offers better security than a regular gate.
Don’t worry if you can’t invest in an automated gate opener system just yet. You can get one installed later as most gate types these days come with the option to be fitted with an automatic opener.
- Which Type of Automated Gate System Should I Opt For?
While this mostly depends on whether you’re installing a new gate or getting an existed gate automated, there are few things you need to consider. When you come to us to discuss your options, we usually look at the following factors:
- Privacy and security
- Access to property
- Ease of use
- Aesthetic appeal
- Type of automation
- Can My Existing Gates Be Automated?
While most gate types can be fitted with an automated system, there are some factors that determine if it’s possible or not. Those factors are:
- The current condition of your gates, posts or piers
- The material your gate is made of
- The type of construction
- Sufficient room for operation between gate leafs
- The type of hinges and mounting brackets your gate has
- The level of driveway slopes
- The distance away from the highway
- Do I Need to Install Battery Back-Up Systems?
Yes. The reason why we recommend doing so is that it keeps your gate opener in a working condition even when there’s a power cut.
- I Got a New Gate Remote. How Can I Program It?
The learn button on gate openers allows you to program a new gate remote. Here’s how you can locate and operate it:
- Remove the light cover on the gate opener
- To program a new gate remote into the system, press the learn button until the LED light next to it starts blinking
- When the light blinks, press the button on your remote.
Check if the door moves when you press the new gate remote. If it does, you’ve programmed your new gate remote successfully.
- Can I Contact You for Gate Repair and Servicing?
Of course, you can. We provide all types of gate repair and installation services for home and business owners in Houston. Besides gates, we also fix and service sliding gate tracks and gate openers. Call us for a free estimate.